Amy Furber is such a stellar coach and trainer, she heads up all US trainer certifications and mentoring for PowerSpeaking. As a French-speaking trainer, Amy excels in communicating in multiple training situations. She also has developed and leads public-speaking workshops for advanced ESL students, and trains elementary school faculty and students in public speaking.
Amy’s experience includes:
- Managing the rigorous certification process for all new PowerSpeaking trainers in the US and mentoring new instructors to teach PowerSpeaking’s suite of workshops.
- Leading basic and executive-level presentation skills workshops for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Providing one-on-one coaching for those preparing for conference or other specialized presentations.
- Coaching executives in content development and presence.
- Performing as the on-air talent for PowerSpeaking’s asynchronous micro-learning video library.
- Developing and teaching public speaking courses for the communication studies department of Chabot-Las Positas Community College District.
Amy has a passion for working with children and adults whose native language is not English, as well as developing nonprofit literacy programs for at-risk youth.