Having grown up in Japan and earning undergraduate and graduate degrees in Japanese language, Chris Brannen has built a career as an international business and cross-cultural consultant. (She coaches and teaches her workshops in both English and Japanese.)
Chris’ experience includes:
- Training and coaching staff at all levels, across a variety of high-tech and biotech companies, including Genentech, LEO Pharma, Gilead, SAP and Oracle.
- Conducting more than 2,500 cross-cultural and management/leadership seminars throughout the Americas, Australia, Europe, the Middle East, the Pacific Rim and the United Kingdom.
- Providing executive coaching to more than 28 C-Level executives in China, Germany, Japan, S. Korea, Mexico, Singapore and the US.
- Delivering cross-cultural programs in global effectiveness, global teamwork and global leadership.
- Creating The Global Mobile Manager, an online tool for global effectiveness and managing globally.
- Managing and lecturing for UC Berkeley’s first-year Japanese language program.
Chris holds a PhD (ABD) in Japanese language and literature from UC Berkeley and a BS in voice from the San Francisco Conservatory of Music.