Janell Payne’s self-described mantra is, “Improvement Doesn’t Come From Comfort Zones.” She guides seasoned leaders and developing professionals to elevate their executive presence, while honoring their authentic style.
Janell’s experience includes:
- Specializing in high-engagement virtual training.
- Coaching and training leaders from such companies as Apple, eBay and Lam Research in high-stakes presentation skills for conference speaking, keynote addresses, town hall meetings, board investor pitches, media communications and more.
- Facilitating courses, as a certified mediator, from the Leadership Academy Series, including conflict management, listening and assertive communication.
- Leveraging impromptu speaking activities with clients to reduce and manage speaking anxiety.
- Piloting “Building Speaking Confidence” to sixth- to eighth-graders at a new innovative and collaborative middle school in Camas, Washington.
- Being honored with the “Outstanding Graduate Student Award” from San Jose State University.
- Taking improvisational theater at Groundlings Theater in Los Angeles.
Janell once was a post-production coordinator at MTV. She has lectured and taught communications and speech courses at San Jose State University as well as eight different Bay Area colleges, and currently, at Clark College Professional Development in Vancouver, WA. She is passionate about coaching women.