Lisa Rothman has won awards for reporting news stories involving highly technical issues, so she knows how to help scientists and engineers explain complicated topics to audiences with varying levels of expertise. She specializes in media training, dynamic public speaking and developing clear organizational structure for presenters.
Lisa’s experience includes:
- Preparing clients for interviews on CNN, Fox, MSNBC, and CNBC and for interviews with The New York Times and The Washington Post.
- Developing (from script writing to directing, editing and producing) the PowerSpeaking video library of Speaking Up® and HighTechSpeaking® three- to seven-minute micro-learning modules.
- Assisting clients in structuring presentations to senior leadership by drawing on her own experience making presentations to radio station management, board members and community leaders.
- Creating “Chew On This,” a radio show about practical steps people can take to make the world a better place.
- Garnering awards from the California Teachers Association, the National Federation of Community Broadcasters, and the National Educational Media Network.
Lisa holds a BA in East Asian studies with an emphasis in China from Wesleyan University. She also performs one-woman shows that have been sold out and extended multiple times at professional theaters.